The Great Wall Of China
Travel Inspirations Tips featuring “The Great Wall of China”:
7 Most amazing facts about the Great Wall of China:
- The Great Wall is more than 2,300 years old.
- The Great Wall was built over thousands of years and is estimated at 21,196.18 kilometers long. The circumference of the Equator is about 40,075 kilometers!
- Over 10 million people visit the Great Wall of China every year.
- This is the longest man-made structure in this entire world.
- The wall is one of the most expensive construction projects to have been ever completed.
- Over a million people died building the Great of Wall china and so it has been called the longest cemetery on Earth.
- One of the greatest archaeological discoveries of modern times is the discovery of ‘The Terracotta Warriors’ in 1974. In close proximity to Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor, 9000 statues of Terracotta Warriors were discovered. Nearly 2,000 years ago, an estimated 700,000 laborers build these statues for over 40 years. Each of these warriors come equipped with weaponry and horses and different facial expressions. This is truly an archaeological marvel.