Psychedelic New York
Travel Inspirations Tips featuring “New York”:
10 Most amazing and interesting facts about New York:
- The city of New York was originally called ‘New Amsterdam’ by the Dutch traders who founded it.
- New York Federal Reserve Bank on Wall Street hold about 25% of world’s gold reserve, 80 feet beneath the (bank) ground.
- “Big Apple” is just one famous nickname of New York out of almost 100.
- New York Post was established in 1801 making it the oldest newspaper in New York.
- New York Subway system is world’s largest and one of the oldest mass transit system started its operation in 1904.
- The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the oldest suspension bridges in USA, completed back in 1883.
- The Statue of liberty was gifted to New York by France.
- More than 47 million tourists visits New York every year!
- Central Park is the most visited park in USA with over 30 million visitors every year.
- 2 World Trade Center buildings were so huge that they use to have their own zip codes!!
Pic./Psychedelic New York by Donna Dotan.